NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League Help

Coaching changes at Training Camp

By outdooreli
2/13/2021 10:24 am
I'm just prepping to make some coaching changes and realized my offers will overlap with the training camp sim.

Am I putting my rookies at risk to bust (or at least not boom as much) if I change coaches during camp? Will the coaches sign/re-sign during the camp sim or do I need to wait to the pre-season for the offers to be accepted?

This is only my position coaches and no, I'm not poaching any coaches!
I do plan on firing my head coach eventually, but only if one of my position coaches shows some promise.

Re: Coaching changes at Training Camp

By TheAdmiral
2/13/2021 10:28 am
It's a tricky one, I would leave it and make any changes after camp.

By outdooreli
2/13/2021 10:48 am
Thanks. Thinking the same.

My position coaches are just way overpaid. I know it really doesn't matter that much, but it's about principle. Why are we paying you $5m per year to lose 15 games? We need new blood in the coaching room!

By raymattison21
9/14/2021 7:06 am
The boom bust is independent from anything else. How high they go ( or low) is dependent upon the volatility of the player. And really how far the blue is already from the red. As a skill rating of 17/32 will not change as much as a 17/ 67. Also your coaches do affect how quickly they actualize but really with no coaches in place I still have had rookies shoot straight up to 100 after the first camp. So again imo the predetermined numbers are more powerful than playing guys and coaching staff but I have seen guys like a high volatility boomer at qb be in his 13th year and still not have full accuracy yet. So there’s definitely something to look at and play